Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Nightly Grammie Report

Nightly Julia report! My little sweet pea has an elevated white count and we don't know why, but she looked great and her eyes were open a lot. She seemed to track me and knew when I was singing and kissing her etc. I just know that she is just trying to see around that thin curtain!
Carrie and Glen came to dinner with Amanda and us again tonight which was great! One of my neighbors made a tuna casserole which all loved(except me and my hate of hot tuna!) But it was wonderful for all the rest! The neurosurgeon called as we were finishing and said that he wanted to do the trach and stomach feeding tube tomorrow and move her to Oakland Monday for surgery on Wednesday the 14th. We were all shocked and not sure if it will move that fast due to her elevated white count.

I was surprised to hear that the surgery will be at least 24 hours ( I thought 12 was a lot, but they will have at least 3 pediatric neurosurgeons to rotate as they perform the surgery.) Anyway, we are again in a bit of a whirlwind and not knowing quite what to think or feel.
You all have been so supportive and wonderful with your prayers and thoughts. I am so happy that you are on this journey with us. We need you!!!
Will let you know what occurs tomorrow.
Love to one and all!
Grammie Jen


Grammie Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment